2 units of Year 12
Board Developed Category A
Exclusions: Students may not study any other Year 12 Mathematics course in conjunction with the Year 12 Mathematics Standard 1 course.
Course Costs: $10.00 (plus $15.00 online access)
- Students studying the Mathematics Standard 1 course may elect to undertake an optional HSC examination.
- All students studying the Mathematics Standard course in Stage 6 will have the opportunity to enhance their numeracy skills and capabilities. The content of the course aligns with Level 3 of the Australian Core Skills Framework.
The study of Mathematics Standard 1 in Stage 6:
- enables students to develop their knowledge, understanding and skills in working mathematically and in communicating concisely and precisely
- provides opportunities for students to consider various applications of mathematics in a broad range of contemporary contexts through the use of mathematical modelling and use these models to solve problems related to their present and future needs
- provides an appropriate mathematical background for students entering the workforce and/or undertaking further community and workplace training.
The Mathematics Standard 1 Year 12 Course content includes the same four Topics as the Year 11 Course and the additional Topic of Networks.
- Topic: Algebra
- Types of Relationships
- Topic: Measurement
- Right-angled Triangles
- Scale Drawings
- Topic: Financial Mathematics
- Depreciation and Loans
- Topic: Statistical Analysis
- Further Statistical Analysis
- Topic: Networks
- Networks and Paths
Particular Course Requirements: Completion of the Year 11 Mathematics Standard Course
Course Contact: Mr Rodney Loxley, HT: Mathematics & Computer Science